The drafting of a new Yemeni constitution will be central to the aims of the National Dialogue Conference. While all nine NDC working groups will provide direct input towards the drafting of the new constitution, the State-Building Working Group will have a central role in organizing and facilitating the process.
In deciding how to go about preparing to draft a new constitution, the following key points will be taken into account: the most useful and relevant examples of foreign nations’ constitution-drafting experiences; Yemen’s own constitution-drafting experience; options regarding the type of body or committee which will be responsible for drafting the constitution, including the body’s membership and operations; and the manner in which the public will be informed of the constitution-drafting process.
A key aspect of the process will be the consideration of multiple options regarding state structures - including the presidential versus parliamentary systems, centralized versus decentralized systems, and the structure of local government institutions.
Considerable efforts will be made to explore ways in which the constitution can guarantee equality among citizens and respect for diversity, as well as basic rights and human rights, with a special emphasis on the rights of women, children, minorities and vulnerable and marginalized groups.
Mohammed Ali Marim, Chairperson
Ali Abu Hulaiqa, Vice Chairperson
Rana Ghanem, Second Chairperson
Khalid Tawfik Awbali, Rapporteur
Ahmed Ali Ali Kalaz
Arwa Khaled Fadhel Mansour
Ahmed Ziben Mubarak Attia
Dena Yassin Mahmoud Al-Dobai
Moteb Mubarak Saleh Baziad
Mohammad Naji Saleh Allow
Mansour Aziz al-Zindani
Rana Ahmed Ghanem
Abdul Rashid Abdel Hafez Abdel Wasea Said
Abdul Malik Abdul Jalil Ali al-Mikhlafi
Ahmad Al-Shaer Ba Sardh
Ahmed Yassin Abdullah Slimani
Badr Mohammed Mubarak Ba Salma
Saleh Ali Omar Ba Ssourra
Ali Abdel Karim Mohammed Murshid
Mohammed Ali Nasser Mohammed
Abubakar Abdul Razak Ba Dheb
Arwa Ahmed Mohamed Al-Hayal
Hassan Shukri Zeyar Al-Sharafi
Abdul Karim Kassem Damaj
Abu Bakr Abdullah Al-Qirbi
Ahmed Ahmed Abdullah Al-Maisari
Ahmed Abdul Karim Saif Al-Masabi
Ahmed Mohammed Abdullah Rizk Al-Zuhairi
Khalid Abdulla Alawi Al-Jafari
Amer Saad Ali Kalashat
Abdel Aziz Ahmed Mohamed Al-Bokeer
Ali Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah Abu Helika
Kahlan Mujahid Abu Shwareb
Mohammed Hussein Ahmed Al-Idaroos
Yahya Mohamed Abdullah al-Shu'aybi
Ahmed Abdul Rahman Hassan Sharaf Al-Din
Ahmed Abdullah Ali Akabat
Fadhel Mohammed Mohammed Ahmed Al-Motaa
Abdel Wahed Mohamed Abdel Wahed Al-Sharafi
Abdul Wahab Mohammed Abdul Rahman Al-Homaiqani
Abdulaziz Ahmed Ali Al-Jabbari
Intisar Khaled Omar Abdullah
Amat Al Alim Alsoswa
Khaled Abdel Wahed Numan
Saeed Abdullah Hussein Yafie
Mohammed Ali Abdullah Marem
Nasr Taha Mustafa
Balkis Abdullah Abdo Seif Al-Abdali
Khaled Tawfik Ali Al-Obeli
Sahar Mohamed Abdul-Jabbar Ghanem
Sultan Muhammad Ali Al-Rdaai
Amal Mohammed Abbas Basha
Thuria Amin Qasim Damaj
Nihal Naji Ali Al-Awlaki
Nabila Mohammed Ismail Al-Mufti
Ali Ahmed Ali Blkhaddr
Ali Ahmed bin Shaba
Faeda Mohammed Abdullah Al-Asbahi
Kamal Abdel-Qader Taib Abdel Rahman Ba Makhrama
- NDC Third Plenary Session Continues Hearing Comments on the State-Building Working Group's Final Report
- The NDC third plenary session continued on Tuesday to hear comments on the State-Building Working Group's final report in a meeting headed by NDC Vice President Abdul-Kareem Al-Eryani. The report was presented on Sunday.
- NDC Third plenary Session Hears Comments on State-Building Working Group's Final Report
- The NDC third plenary session heard comments on the State-Building Working Group's final report on Monday. The report was presented on Sunday.
- NDC State-Building Working Group Completes Discussing its Final Report
- Members of the NDC State-Building working group completed on Thursday the discussion of the group's final report after adopting notes and recommendations of the group's members.
- State-Building Working Group Forms Subcommittee to Draft Final Report
- Members of the NDC State-Building Working Group discussed on Monday a draft of the group's final report, which includes decisions and recommendations from the second plenary session.
- NDC State-Building Working Group Submits Suggestion for Source of Legislation and Identity of State to President Hadi
- Members of the NDC State-Building Working Group submitted on Sunday two suggestions concerning the source of legislation and the identity of the state to President Hadi due to the lack of a quorum within the group's members.