NDC Secretary General
Ahmed Awad bin Mubarak
- Born in Aden governorate, he is married and has three children.
- Holds a PhD in business administration and is a professor in the same field at Sana’a University; he is also a professor at Maastricht University.
- Serves as the Chairman of the Business Administration Center, which is cooperatively administrated by Sana’a University and Maastricht University in the Netherlands. The center represents the first such educational project to receive academic accreditation in the U.S. and Great Britain.
- Has served as consultant for a number of international projects in Yemen in the fields of education, employment and international development.
- He is a member of the Administrative Board for the Youth Leaders Development Fund, which is one of the largest NGOs operating in Yemen.
- He has headed a number of administrative consultancies, training sessions and workshops for a number of public and private associations in Yemen, Bahrain, Burundi,, Ethiopia, Romania, the Netherlands, France and Germany.
- Was the manager of a Dutch project to establish a Business Administration M.A. program in 2009.
- At Sana’a’s Science and Technology University, he served as head of the administrative information technology and marketing and production administration departments and also served as manager of quality and development assurance from 2007 until 2009. Up until the present day, he has served as a member of the university’s Higher Council.
- Was a member of the Revolutionary Youth’s Coordination Council and a representative of its board of consultants.